The Cottages of Wolfeboro
Cabin Rentals -Lake Winnipesaukee Vacation
SCENIC DRIVES & WALKS
HIKES & WALKS
ALL YELLOW ITEMS ARE HOTLINKS
SCENIC DRIVES AND WALKS
BIKING: As you may already know, we have free adult sized loaner bikes. (Please sign a waiver before taking them) Just behind us is the famous Bridge Falls path that goes between the downtown Train Station and Albee Beach on Lake Wentworth (and beyond). Sewall Road (starts next to the Wolfeboro Inn) along the lake is a nice ride past 19th century lakefront masterpiece homes. You might also consider the Profile Trail from the base of Cannon Mt to the Flume (about an hour and a half drive, but WELL worth it.) There are some wonderful bike rides around here… or see Rails-Trails novice rides… but for additional information on a whole different level, I would check in with Nordic Skiier in town for the best routes, but you can also contact LikinBikin in Alton (but they are more Mountain Biking).
Wolfeboro Free Broad Sand Public Beaches:
- Brewster Beach – .1/2 Mile (10 minutes walk past downtown across Brewster Academy Fields on the left side of Wolfeboro Bay) Broad Sunny Sand, waves, docks & Raft for swimming, great for families with Teenagers.
- Albee Beach – 2 Miles ( 3 minute drive or 30 minute walk on Bridge Falls Path) Pines, Picnic Tables, and Grills that come right to the beach for shade, long shallow and slope into the lake, best for families with kids under 12 and for night strolls
- Carry Beach – 2 Miles (5 minute drive, go through town north on Main St, turn left at Forest Rd and go to bottom of the hill on right) Pines and Picnic Tables, Broad sand, some waves on a windy day, rocks to swim to, great for families of all ages.
Wentworth State Park Beach – fee (10 minute drive) check the website. Gorgeous location and amenities…
HIKING/WALKING: Hiking: There are multiple opportunities for some spectacular HIKES all around us… Because we are in the mountains and on this gorgeous lake, places like Tumble Down Dick, Bald Knob, Rattlesnake Mt and Mt. Major are all relatively short hikes with spectacular views… this is from the top of Mt. Major which is a 20 minute drive from us.
- Abenaki Fire Tower - Climb one of the last remaining Historic Fire Towers for a spectacular 360 view of the lake and mountains (30 minutes away and 10 minutes to the top)
- Copple Crown - Hike to the summit of old Copple Crown Ski Area (20 minutes away and a 30 Minute Hike)
- Bridge Falls Path - Stroll Downtown to the Old Train Station or out to Historic Albee Beach to get there (passes waterfalls, canals, fishing, etc) (Just behind Harvest Market and the town playgrounds)
- Tumble Down Dick – Easy 1 hour walk at the end of Pleasant Valley Road (20 Minute drive)
- Mt. Major - ranked best view for the effort in NH (30 minute drive, 3 hour hike)
- Bald Knob – drive up the back bottling company entrance to Castle in the Clouds, feed the 30 Inch Salmon, 1 hour walk up old Bridle Path to Bald Knob, and have an Ice Cream when you get back down. Highland fields, Feed or ride the horses, Magnificent view above the old castle. (40 minute Drive, 3 hour hike)
- West Rattlesnake Mt. – Second only to Mt. Major and half the effort – go past Squam Lake Science Center in Holderness 3 miles on Right (60 min drive, 2 hour hike)
- If you are an aggressive hiker and want an out of body experience, consider some of our larger presidential mountains (Mt. Washington, Mt. Lafayette, Cannon Mt). Click HERE for options (don’t forget a milkshake on the veranda at the Historical Mt. Washington Grand Hotel).pe your paragraph here.
603-569-9999 Call or Text Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK - 603-569-9999 Call/Text Dave