The Cottages of Wolfeboro
Cabin Rentals -Lake Winnipesaukee Vacation
603-569-9999 Call or Text Email: email@example.com
BOOK - 603-569-9999 Call/Text Dave
Things to Do & See (Kids & Families):
Explore the Oldest Summer Resort in America...
ALL BLUE TEMS ARE HOTLINKS
The Cottages of Wolfeboro are within a short walk or drive to many small town Americana activities offered in this quaint Lakeside community. We have a unique variety of shopping boutiques, restaurants, and casual atmosphere establishments that are exclusive to this seasonal recreational haven. We have listed just some of the wonderful establishments and opportunities in town.
I originally began compiling all the links andlocationstions, but decided to simply provide the general links for your own determination because everybody has different tastes. The only ones I list specifically are our favorite family spots from having lived here so long (but I’m fairly simple)… if you happen to choose one that I recommended, please let them know that I sent you (it’s good neighborly relations in a small town if you know what I mean)…
- BAKERY: From Scratch Bakerynext door (supporting adults with disabilities),
- MUSEUMS: WW II Wright MuseumWolfeboro – Award Winning Private Collection, NH Boat Museum,in Wolfeboro, Remick Country Doctor Antique Farm in Tamworth,Libby Private Nature Collection in Wolfeboro, Canterbury Shaker Villagein Canterbury, The Children's Museum of NH in Dover, Clark Museum Historical Complex in Wolfeboro, Currier Art Museumin Manchester, Strawberry Bank Living Museumin Portsmouth
- CANOPY TOURS (ZIP LINES):Bretton Woods across from Mt. Washington, Gunstock Mountain, Alpine Adventures Lincoln,Attitash Mt Americas longest Alpine Slide, Ropes Course Adventure – Monkey TrunksChocorua or Weirs Beach, Wildcat Mountain ZipLines Amazing Spectacular View of Mt Washington and Tuckerman's Ravine VERY exciting
- RAILROAD TOURS: WinniRailroad Meredith, Hobo Railroad, Conway Scenic Railroad, and our personal favorite - Mt. Washington Cog Railroad to the summit.
- GONDOLA & CHAIRLIFT RIDES:Wildcat Mountain, Loon Mt. Resort, Gunstock Mountain, Cannon Mountain (my favorite)
- BOAT TOURS:Mt. Washington Cruise Boatto all 5 ports on the lake, Sophie C Mailboatto the islands all over the lake, Millie B antique Speed Boat Ride all at town docks. Or consider one of the themed evening rides on the WinniBelle, a 19th Century PaddleboatOR rent your own boat to see the lake at Goodhue & Hawkins Navy Yard, just 5 minutes down Sewell Road in Wolfeboro.
- GOLF:Local Options(Kingswood, Province Lake, Ridgewood or Regional & State Options
- MINI GOLF:Putters Village next to Dunkin Donuts Wolfeboro, orPirates Cove near Weirs Beach
- ZOO: Squam Lake Science Center has delighted my kids and parents alike for years with Native Animal Zoo and Discovery Cntr, Pet Puppies, Kittens & Bunnies by sharing the love petting furry friends at the Ossipee Human Society,milk a goat, pet a cow, or tend the lambs atLactia Farm
- GO CARTS:Daytona Fun ParkWeirs Beach, Fishing for Sunny’s in Back bay (we have loaner poles or get some at Winni Sports Main St)
- ARCADES: largest in North America,FunSpot at Weirs Beach (40 Minutes)
- PLANE RIDES:BI-PLANE RIDE… Gilford 30 minutes away
- RACES & TRIATHLONS: August 16th, participate in the Granite Man Triathalon. I’ve done it 4 times. Or, put your kids to the test in the Granite Kid’s Triathalon held the 3rd Thursday of July. Antique Race Boat Jamboree
- TIRE SWINGS: Visit the state's tallest Tire Swing in NH (at our Cottages!)
- PLAYGROUNDS – our favorite is The Giant Wooden Playground behind the Wolfeboro Elementary School next to the town hall. If you need a chance to talk while the kids are entertained for an hour, this is where my wife and I always went. Also, there is a GreatTown Playground just down the hill below the Cottages behind Harvest Market. Fy a Kite in Brewster Field
- SPORTS FACILITIES: Basketball, Tennis, PickleBall, Swings, Frisbee, Soccer or throw a ball in Town Fields just below Cottages behind Playground, “The Nick” activities, skate and skateboard park OR Wolfeboro Rec Department Activities & Classes: Archery, Cooking Class, Hikes, Sailing, soccer, paddleboarding lessons through town recreational Department (very worth the money).
- HEALTH SPAS AND EXERCISE FACILITIES: Golds Gym, Nail Salon, Spa
- MOVIES:Wiers Beach Drive-in,Gilford Cinema 8, Free Outdoor Movie Nights in Foss Field (just below our Cottages behind the Tennis Courts on Back Bay) and Storytellers, Magic Shows, Lectures and Movies at the Wolfeboro Public Library
- OCEAN BEACHES: Wallis Sands Ocean Beachor Great Island Commons Beach and Playground on New Castle Island about an hour and a half drive…
- PLANETARIUM: Christy McCaullough Concord Planetarium about an hour away to the states capitol
- ICE CREAM: Cone at Bailey’s Bubble and walk to town docks to watch sunset, Kellerhaus Ice Cream Smorgesborg…. was a special favorite for us as kids and continues to thrive in Swiss Style
- CAFE:Seven Suns, Hot Chocolate and Muffin to sit outside and watch people at Lydia’s Café downtown Wolfeboro
- GIFT SHOPS: Peruse unique gag gifts and souvenirs atHistorical Blacks Gift Shop downtown Wolfeboro
- KAYAKING: Meander on the Historical Mast Landing Canalto lake Wentworth to see ducks, turtles and Fish or cruise the lake SkiWorks Kayak Float - 30 Minutes to Ossipee and Crystal Clear Float on BearCamp River to Ossipee Lake,
- AMUSEMENT PARKS: Water Country, Storyland in North Conway (1-hour ride but so worth it) after 3pm get free next day pass.Local Carnivals3x per summer in Brewster Field , Fall Country Fair Schedule
- FAIRS & CARNIVALS: Local Carnivals 3x per summer in Brewster Field , Fall Country Fair Schedule Classic Historical Country Fryburg & Rochester Fairs (September) or Sandwich Fair (October)
- BOAT RENTALS: Pontoon boats, Power Boats, JetSkis, Kayaks, Sailboats, General Information row, ski, tube or hike Rattlesnake Island (There’s actually 11 unfound treasure chests buried on the island) Saco River Float – contact Saco Bound about a 3 hour float on a crystal clear river with golden sand bottom just 1 hour north of us.
- ROLLERSKATE at Pop Whalen Center Wolfeboro
- PICK YUR OWN: Strawberries, Peaches, Blueberry, Apple(fall) picking at DeVylder Farm, OR Locke's Berry Farm
- TOURS: Molly the Trolley town tour or Wolfeboro Historical Society' character specialty Town Tours, Sophie C Mailboat Tour of Lake Winnipesaukee Islands
- SUMMER STOCK THEATER:Wolfeboro Village Playhouse, Barnstormers, Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Interlakes Summer Theater, Little Church Theater Squam Lakes, Prescott Park Arts FestivalFree Theater in the Park Portsmouth , Great Waters Music Festival Wolfeboro – world-class summer concert series
- LETTERBOXING & GEOCACHING – if you’ve never discovered secret treasure, here’s your chance. Follow the clues to each of these interestingly located treasures, many hidden even around Wolfeboro.
- TRAINS:Conway Scenic Railroad& Polar Express, Mt. Washington Cog Railroad to SPECTACULAR SUMMIT of Mt. Washington, Winnipesaukee Dinner Train - Meredith, Lafayette Dinner Train – North Woodstock